General Announcement by MM Deerin Transport Ltd.
Firstly, MM Deerin Transport would like to take this opportunity to address our customers and suppliers as well as our UK courier and transport fleet network.
The announcement by the UK government on March 23rd 2020 further indicated the extreme seriousness of the COVID-19 outbreak. MM Deerin Transport Ltd has since taken several measures to protect our employed drivers as well as any contact with anyone at pick up or delivery/drop off where appropriate. This is outlined in the information within this update.
MM Deerin Transport Ltd is doing everything possible to follow the correct advice issued on social distancing and PPE requirements.
We will, of course, aim to limit the impacts at this difficult time for all persons in our delivery chain, with the objective being to ensure the health, safety and overall wellbeing of people by doing everything possible wherever practical.
MM Deerin Transport Ltd is continuing business as usual, supporting UK businesses, organisations and of course the NHS. The company is playing its part within the logistical supply chain around the UK as well as overseas shipments by air courier, sea transport around the world and by rail freight to and from Europe.
COVID-19: Several options courier companies and transport delivery companies should consider taking to reduce the impact.
The aim should be to maintain a contact-free pickup and delivery where possible and certainly where requested. With this in mind we have provided several common sense recommendations.
Courier pickup and delivery COVID-19 protection
Request the person’s full name and instead of requesting their signature, simply add their name in the signature box and write COVID 19. A photograph(s) should be taken of the product(s) at the delivery location to show the customer you have been at the location. Note the date and time.
Courier van fleet COVID-19 protection
- Clean internal and external door handles.
- Van compartment – keep it isolated from other people at all times.
- Drivers use the proper disposable protective gloves.
- Drivers have a designated bin for disposing potentially contaminated items.
- Drivers use the correct masks at pickup and delivery.
- Maintain van cabin clean with correct antibacterial wipes or liquid soap.
- Have clean water available in the van at all times.
Further protection against infection recommendations.
The list below provides common sense actions, however it is still worthwhile reminding everyone at this time.
Some helpful guide notes for courier and transport drivers out on the road during COVID-19 pandemic;
- Use the correct protective mask during pick up of documents, parcels, pallets and other items.
- Use tissue paper when coughing or sneezing and dispose of in the proper manner.
- Use the proper hand sanitiser on hands on a regular basis or better still use good old soap and water.
- Wash hands for a minimum of 20 seconds using the correct guidelines and ideally dry with a paper towel and dispose of the paper towel immediately in the proper manner.
- Keep dashboard, side doors and objects in the courier van cabin clean at all times as well as external door handles.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes with dirty hands. Especially avoid doing this while loading or off-loading cargo – this is where wearing the proper mask assists prevention. If you do touch your face then wash this area with soap and clean water or the proper sanitiser and water immediately you are back in the van cabin. Use correct guideline when washing your face with a sanitiser.
- Do not shake hands.
- Avoid close contact wherever possible.
- Wear the correct PPE
Specialised or normal delivery services.
MM Deerin Transport Ltd are your local city to city and UK national experts for small, medium and large item deliveries, day or night.
Need your courier or transport shipment in a hurry? Our rush delivery service via our three UK offices will speed up your quote and order for fast delivery.
Go to the QUICK QUOTE FORM on the home page of our website or give us a call.
Regardless of sector, industry, organisation or NHS department, we are always prepared to work with your specificities and demands. We are always ready and happy to help.
MM Deerin Transport Ltd’s some of our core service offering:
Rushed delivery service
Air freight services
Sea freight services
Rail freight services
White glove service
NHS medical deliveries
Everyone at MM Deerin Transport Ltd would like to thank our customers for your patience and support during this unprecedented situation. It is constantly changing and we would like to reassure everyone we are doing everything we can to provide the best service possible.
MM Deerin Transport Ltd is providing this information for assistance and help and does not have any liability for outcomes regarding anyone using this information. Every individual, company and organisation must make their own decision as to what preventative actions to take at this time.
MM Deerin Transport Ltd has progressively developed into one of the most reliable and well-respected courier and transport services providers in the UK and Internationally.
We’re here to help with any of your courier or transport logistics day or night, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year.
If you would like to discuss a new quote, looking to move your current courier or transport services contract to us or find out more about our work, please contact Rosie Deerin, Managing Director on one of the following numbers: